Photoblog: Taal Vista Hotel
“Slice from its History”
October 1939, the Taal Vista Lodge was opened to the public as Tagaytay’s primary hotel and was managed and operated by Manila Hotel Company. They also began to work on the first golf course in Tagaytay.
1968, the national government decided to sell Taal Vista Lodge to the private sector through a public bidding. Resorts Hotel Corporation won the bid and operated the Lodge until 1984.
1984, the hotel was sold to SM Investments Corporation. Months after the 1990 earthquake that destroyed Baguio, Tagaytay experienced a boom in real estate development as it became an alternative summer capital.
1999, Taal Vista Lodge was closed down for renovation and reconstructed the original style of the Lodge.
2003, Taal Vista Lodge reopened with its new name, Taal Vista Hotel.
Latest posts by darwin (see all)
- “Over a Cup of Coffee” - December 29, 2016
- Wonderful Indonesia: Gili Trawangan’s Datu Swing and “Happy” Parties - October 5, 2016
- Wonderful Indonesia: Feeling In-between at Gili Meno (Photoblog) - October 3, 2016