City Breaks: Short Haul Vacations from the London City Airport
Regardless of its main use for business, there is no reason why the seasoned tourist can’t make use of its facilities and short haul departures. With its smaller size, chances are the hustle and bustle of the likes of Heathrow can be left behind in favour of this smaller alternative, which can be a godsend when travelling with large groups or family. Relieve the stress even more by booking a London airport hotel from Travelodge. On the morning of your departure, there’s no need to panic and rush – choose, instead, to have a comfortable, peaceful sleep, and with a shuttle service taking you to your departure lounge, it couldn’t be easier.
Looking for a city break? London airport hotel directly serves many popular European destinations, particularly during the winter months when travellers head for the slopes for a ski getaway.
1. Amsterdam – This beautiful city infamous for its open mind offers much more than alternative cafes and the Red Light District. Stroll along the beautiful canals, stop for a bite to eat at one of the picturesque rustic terrace cafes, browse the boutiques and independent shops or try a glass of jenever (Dutch gin) before enjoying some live music at the Paradiso Club.
2. Barcelona – Brimming with fabulous architecture, culture and beauty, Barcelona offers so much to any visitor. Be sure to spend a couple of hours exploring Gaudi’s masterpiece, Sagrada Familia, before discovering some of his lesser known works around the city. Enjoy the sun, sea and sand at the beaches in Barceloneta or meander the rustic lanes to find an authentic tapas bar to savour the selections of morsels freshly produced. Discover Dali & Picasso at their dedicated museums, navigate the metro or wander Las Ramblas to be entertained by the street performers.
3. Dublin – A fabulous city with the cutting edge of trends, Dublin makes for a fab getaway whether you’re family, a bunch of mates, or just hankering for a romantic retreat. Ogle Dublin Castle, take a tour of the Guinness Brewery or watch the world go by in an authentic Irish pub. With a vibrant nightlife and awesome shopping opportunities, there’s something for everyone in this friendly city with an amazing atmosphere.
With so many other short hauls to choose from, including Milan for the fashionistas, Zurich for the ski links and many cities all over the UK, London City Airport will only broaden its horizons. Surf the web and book your holiday and pre-vacation hotel now and grab some fabulous bargains.
Photo source: http://en.wikipedia.org
Latest posts by darwin (see all)
- Wonderful Indonesia: Gili Trawangan’s Datu Swing and “Happy” Parties - October 5, 2016
- Wonderful Indonesia: Feeling In-between at Gili Meno (Photoblog) - October 3, 2016
- Wonderful Indonesia: “Feel and Chill” at Gili Air - October 2, 2016