The Story of 3 Filipina Travelers (Mel and Joey’s Episode “Trip na Nakakabadtrip”)
For those fellow travelers and readers who were not able to watch Mel and Joey’s episode last Sunday, June 26 entitled “Trip na Nakakabadtrip”, they featured the stories of our fellow travel bloggers Chyng and The Pinay Solobackpacker as well as Millie Morales who all suffered from a “not-so-good” (traumatic) experience when they traveled outside the country. They were suspected as drug mules and terrorist which I think not appropriate to categorize all Filipinos like that and undergo the so-called “racial profiling discrimination”.
According to Atty. Anselmo Adriano, Legal Expert on Travel and Tourism ,after the Sept 11 bombing incident in New York, many countries become strict in implementing their immigration rules for tourists like Arabs, Spanish and Filipinos. He also mentioned some tips when we are planning a trip outside the country like
1. Dress properly.
2. We must have a certain look of confidence when you were brought to the holding area for questionings. Be calm and do not panic.
3. You must be given a chance to contact and tell our embassy that you are undergoing an investigation.
I haven’t tried going abroad, but the lessons and tips I’ve learned from their stories helped me lot especially when I plan my trip in the near future.
Hope you learn from their stories as well.
For the complete story of their travel experience you may read:
1. My Traumatic Experience as an Alleged DRUG TRAFFICKER in Bali Indonesia by Chyng Reyes
2. Dear Singapore: You Disappointed Me But I Wont Boycott You by The Pinay Solobackpacker
Latest posts by darwin (see all)
- “Over a Cup of Coffee” - December 29, 2016
- Wonderful Indonesia: Gili Trawangan’s Datu Swing and “Happy” Parties - October 5, 2016
- Wonderful Indonesia: Feeling In-between at Gili Meno (Photoblog) - October 3, 2016